[Natfinwellness] International Students & Credit Reports

Pellegrini, Andrea apelleg3 at uillinois.edu
Thu Dec 3 16:26:43 EST 2015

Hello All!

We have a very large international student population, and a question we have been asked a few times has come up with our students: “How can an international student, who does not have a social security number, check their credit report?”

We reached out to Experian quite a while back, but didn’t get a response (then I forgot about it!). We know that they can have credit histories since they have ITINs, sign rental leases/agreements and can use financial products and services, but it is unclear how to pull that information for the student to review/monitor.

Best,
Andrea

Andrea Pellegrini, Assistant Director

USFSCO – Providing Solutions
Student Money Management Center
P: 217.333.6228<tel:217.333.6228>
apelleg3 at uillinois.edu<mailto:apelleg3 at uillinois.edu>

studentmoney.uillinois.edu<http://studentmoney.uillinois.edu/>
paymybill.uillinois.edu<http://paymybill.uillinois.edu/>

University of Illinois
Urbana-Champaign, Chicago, Springfield

obfs.uillinois.edu<x-apple-msg-load://63862CD5-9DEC-4094-AD97-16228078259E/OBFS.uillinois.edu>

SMMC is on Facebook<http://www.facebook.com/ILStudentMoney> <http://www.facebook.com/ILStudentMoney> | Twitter<https://twitter.com/ilstudentmoney> <https://twitter.com/ilstudentmoney> | Instagram<http://instagram.com/ILStudentMoney> | <https://foursquare.com/ilstudentmoney> Y<http://youtube.com/ILStudentMoney>ouTube<http://youtube.com/ILStudentMoney>

Under the Illinois Freedom of Information Act (FOIA), any written communication to or from University employees regarding University business is a public record and may be subject to public disclosure.