[Mvapich-discuss] Build Failure with NVHPC 23.3

Louise Spellacy louise.spellacy at linaro.org
Fri May 12 09:41:41 EDT 2023

Thanks Nat,

I took the patch and applied it to the mvapich2-2.3.7.tar.gz but it now
requires that aclocal and automake be installed on the system:

CDPATH="${ZSH_VERSION+.}:" && cd mvapich2-2.3.7 && /bin/bash confdb/missing
> aclocal-1.15 -I confdb
> confdb/missing: line 81: aclocal-1.15: command not found
> WARNING: 'aclocal-1.15' is missing on your system.

and

cd mvapich2-2.3.7 && /bin/bash confdb/missing automake-1.15 --foreign
> Makefile
> confdb/missing: line 81: automake-1.15: command not found
> WARNING: 'automake-1.15' is missing on your system.

Because the subconfigure.m4 and Makefile.mk files are changed, a new
configure and Makefile.in file need to be generated. Would it be possible
to include a patch with the changes to configure and Makefile.in instead of
the m4 and Makefile.mk file? I know long term they will need to be merged
as changes to the subconfigure.m4 and Makefile.mk but for testing purposes
they won't work with the tar ball.

Thanks,

Louise