[Mvapich-discuss] MPI Running Problem.

Lei, Ryan rlei at vols.utk.edu
Thu Jun 22 15:41:55 EDT 2023

Hello Sir/Madam,

Nice to meet you guys. I am currently building a cluster with 2 slave nodes
of jetson nano and 1 master node of jetson orin connected with ethernet. I
have verified the passwordless ssh and all the connections, all the devices
ip have been set properly. The version of mvapich2 is 2.3.7. When I run
"mpirun -np 3 -hostfile hostfile ./hello", I will face an error with no
HCAs found and lead to an aborting job. Even if I set -iface to pick a
specific interface eth0, it still just out this problem. I have tried
"MV2_IBA_HCA=eth0 MV2_DEFAULT_PORT=0" and some other way to jump out the
HCAs and IB, but non of them are working, do you have some idea about how
to solve this problem?
[image: 1.jpg]

Also, if I try to do "mpirun -np 2 -hosts 192.168.2.10,192.168.2.11(ip for
two node) /home/reu/hello" , I will also face some problem and ask me to
check the firewall, which is different port each time, I am also need some
help with it.
[image: 2.jpg]

Last, I can do rsh reu at 192.168.2.10 (or 11) mpirun -n 2 ./hello easily, but
when I do rsh reu at 192.168.2.10,reu at 192.168.2.11 mpirun ... at one command,
it will ask me for password for some reason, what's the problem there?

Thanks for your time.

sincerely,
Ryan Lei