[Mvapich-discuss] Question on shared memory communication

zhiting zhu zhitingz at cs.utexas.edu
Thu Apr 13 17:25:14 EDT 2023

Hi Hari,

Thanks for the reply. Could I know what algorithm is used when the CMA
support is disabled? Is it by copying to shared memory and copying out by
the other process? If this process is abstracted by a queue, which queue
algorithm does it use?

Is there any way to find out what collective algorithm variant it's
running? Many MPI libraries have many variants of allreduce/reduce
algorithm. I would like to know which algorithm is used for a specific
message size. I'm comparing the collective algorithm for intra machine
communication between OpenMPI and MVAPICH2. The latency comparison is
similar but the allreduce performance has a large gap.

Best,
Zhiting