[Mvapich-discuss] shared memory which one should I use?

zhiting zhu zhitingz at cs.utexas.edu
Mon Apr 3 18:25:49 EDT 2023

Hi,

I'm a new user of the MPI lib. I notice that in the feature page for shared
memory communication, there're two options: Shared-Memory-CH3
and Shared-Memory-Nemesis. The descriptions are exactly the same. What's
the difference between these two? The machine I'm using doesn't have an
infinite band card. With the user guide, I configure the source code as
follows:

FFLAGS="-w -fallow-argument-mismatch -O2" ../configure
--with-device=ch3:mrail --disable-shared
--prefix=$SCRIPT_DIR/mvapich2_install/

I find that in the documentation MV2_USE_SHMEM_COLL applies to OFA-IB-CH3
and OFA-iWARP-CH3. It seems I have to use shared-memory-ch3?

By the way, what is mrail and nemesis? What's the difference between them?

Best,
Zhiting