[Mvapich-discuss] Potential buffer overflow - where to send patches

Klaus Kämpf kkaempf at suse.de
Thu Jun 30 09:58:31 EDT 2022

!-------------------------------------------------------------------|
  This Message Is From an External Sender
|-------------------------------------------------------------------!

Hi,

building the -mvapich2 variant of sundials[1] failed lately during test
runs.
Turns out that mvapich2[2] has potential buffer overflows in some calls
to snprintf. Looks like a more recent GCC (resp. glibc) is more strict.

I have created a patch[3] to fix these problems to make sundial's
testsuite pass. It probably doesn't fix all such problems within mvapich2.

Is it ok to post this patch in this mailing list or what is the usual
procedure for patch submissions ?

Thanks,

Klaus

[1] https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://build.opensuse.org/package/show/science/sundials__;!!KGKeukY!zxe-XyNqDuFHG3a09WaCg0CEPb5at0L_AqW4mIAc6WiraLTVrF-eSDG56I7Wy-G_7NJg17HMHGidYtujr_4Y_ECufA$
[2] https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://build.opensuse.org/package/show/science:HPC/mvapich2__;!!KGKeukY!zxe-XyNqDuFHG3a09WaCg0CEPb5at0L_AqW4mIAc6WiraLTVrF-eSDG56I7Wy-G_7NJg17HMHGidYtujr_6DA53m9g$
[3]
https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://build.opensuse.org/package/view_file/home:kwk:branches:science:HPC/mvapich2/pass-correct-size-to-snprintf.patch?expand=1__;!!KGKeukY!zxe-XyNqDuFHG3a09WaCg0CEPb5at0L_AqW4mIAc6WiraLTVrF-eSDG56I7Wy-G_7NJg17HMHGidYtujr_7CQl3FVQ$
--
SUSE Software Solutions Germany GmbH

Frankenstraße 146
90461 Nürnberg
Germany

Geschäftsführer: Ivo Totev, Andrew Myers, Andrew McDonald, Boudien Moerman
(HRB 36809, AG Nürnberg)