[Mvapich-discuss] Announcing the release of MVAPICH2-J 2.3.7 GA with support for Java bindings

Panda, Dhabaleswar panda at cse.ohio-state.edu
Tue Jul 12 11:19:13 EDT 2022

The MVAPICH team is pleased to announce the release of MVAPICH2-J
2.3.7 GA.

The MVAPICH2-J release provides support for Java bindings to the
MVAPICH2 family of libraries. The software currently provides support
for communicating data from basic Java datatypes as well as direct
ByteBuffers from the Java New I/O (NIO) package.

Features and enhancements for MVAPICH2-J 2.3.7 GA are as follows:

* Features and Enhancements:

    - Provides Java bindings to the MVAPICH2 family of libraries
    - Support for communication of basic Java datatypes and Java
      new I/O (NIO) package direct ByteBuffers
    - Support for blocking and non-blocking point-point
      communication protocols
    - Support for blocking collective and strided collective
      communication protocols
    - Support for Dynamic Process Management (DPM) functionality
    - Utilizes a pool of direct Java NIO ByteBuffers used in
      communication of basic datatype Java arrays
    - Relies on the explicit memory management buffering layer from
      the MPJ Express software
    - Support for all high-speed interconnects that MVAPICH2 supports
      including InfiniBand, Internet Wide-area RDMA Protocol (iWARP),
      RDMA over Converged Ethernet (RoCE), Intel's Performance Scaled
      Messaging (PSM), Omni-Path, etc.

For downloading MVAPICH2-J 2.3.7 GA library and associated user
guides, please visit the following URL:

http://mvapich.cse.ohio-state.edu

Sample performance numbers for MVAPICH2-J using benchmarks can
be viewed by visiting the `Performance' tab of the above website.

All questions, feedback, bug reports, hints for performance tuning,
patches, and enhancements are welcome. Please post it to the
mvapich-discuss mailing list (mvapich-discuss at lists.osu.edu).

Thanks,

The MVAPICH Team

PS: We are also happy to inform you that the number of organizations
using MVAPICH2 libraries (and registered at the MVAPICH site) has
crossed 3,250 worldwide (in 90 countries). The number of downloads
from the MVAPICH has crossed 1,606,000 (1.6 million).  The MVAPICH
team would like to thank all its users and organizations!!