[Mvapich-discuss] Enabling basic logging

Sashi Balasingam sashibala2 at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 10 02:14:22 EST 2022

Hi Mvapich team,
I have a small compute cluster of 20 nodes,using mvapic2-2.2 on Inifiniband fabric, and there is only a single MPI process on each node. I am trying to debug a weird issue - occasionally, the slave node will get a stale/old message from the head node, instead of the actual message sent at that time.
Question :  I would like to enable basic and verbose logging of MPI communication to help debug this issue. What option should I add to the 'mpirun_rsh' command line to get it ?.... and do the logs show up on the shell directly ?

I already tried adding MV2_DEBUG_FORK_VERBOSE=1, but don't see any extra logs.
Appreciate a prompt response.
Thanks,Sashi.B