[Mvapich-discuss] MVAPICH2-X-AWS for newer GCC

Grimberg, Sebastian sjg at amazon.com
Wed Feb 9 14:48:12 EST 2022

Hi there,

First time sending a mail to the list but thanks for all of your work on MVAPICH!

I’m wondering if it would be possible to get an MVAPICH2-X-AWS build for more recent versions of GCC like 10.3.0 or 11.2.0. I’m interested in building on AWS for Graviton2 instances in order to compare with OpenMPI 4 and 5rc, if an aarch64 build would be possible. There are some compiler flags only supported by more recent GCC which help with Graviton2 performance quite a bit. Also interested in comparing with more common x86_64 architectures as well and want to keep as much consistent as possible.

I’d also be perfectly happy building from source if this was an option, so please let me know if you’d like me to test that first. Thanks a lot!

Sebastian Grimberg