[Mvapich-discuss] Build failure with NVHPC compilers

Martin Cuma martin.cuma at utah.edu
Fri Apr 15 18:02:25 EDT 2022

Hi Hari,

sorry for late reply, it took me some time to go over this.

The 2.3.7 gave me the same error as 2.3.6 so I went over the configure to add in pieces to make it work. It required a few changes, namely
- add the nvc, nvc++ and nvfortran wherever pgcc, pgCC and pgf90 were referenced
- adding an explicit if statement where the -rdynamic is set to not include it if nvc is used (it detects system based gcc which is present and does not check for what CC is set to)
- nvc++ adds the "standard" objects such as crtn.o or crti.o, but pre/postdep_objects were being set so I explicitly don't set it through another if $CXX==nvc++

Attached is a patch that does all this, though, I have to admit that I only tested this  through Spack so I am not sure if the checks for CC or CXX are appropriate outside of Spack. But the patch file may be a good start to get this fixed for you.

Thanks
MC