[Mvapich-discuss] Compiling / Instalation without osu-benchmark

Tscheuschner Joachim Joachim.Tscheuschner at dwd.de
Thu Dec 2 10:51:29 EST 2021

Hello Nat,

thank you for the fast reply.
./configure --disable-cxx --disable-fortran --prefix=${prefix_build}/ --enable-g=none
did not work. I need to compile also cxx, otherwise the compiling (make) aborts at the OMB-stage, see errormessage_osu.txt. (For my understanding OMB needs mpicxx)
While
./configure --disable-fortran --enable-g=none --prefix=${prefix_build}/
Is working. In the attachment, mvapich_debian10_Dockerfile.txt, I have put the container-build as almost a minimal setup, although packages will be removed. The compile-ability of the container can be removed  by e.g. multistaging (copying only parts of the binaries), but I do not like this kind of solution. But, if there is no obvious mistake on my part, we will use it, as the first tests are very promising. In the end the image will be somewhat bigger.

Regards
Joachim