[mvapich-discuss] Codespell report for "MVAPICH2" (on fossies.org)

Fossies Administrator Jens.Schleusener at fossies.org
Thu Jun 11 12:53:06 EDT 2020

Hi,

the FOSS server fossies.org - also supporting "MVAPICH2" - offers among
others a feature "Source code misspelling reports":

  https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://fossies.org/features.html*codespell__;Iw!!KGKeukY!jBxi7x3d4n2W7tgYALCOFW7wgzXSdjv-6CbPza8QtRfMiWujIno8WKqp1O7U8bVzE3JgHvdwJDIkmqQ$

Such reports are normally only generated on request, but as Fossies
administrator I have just created (for testing purposes) an analysis for
the current "MVAPICH2" release:

  https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://fossies.org/linux/misc/mvapich2/codespell.html__;!!KGKeukY!jBxi7x3d4n2W7tgYALCOFW7wgzXSdjv-6CbPza8QtRfMiWujIno8WKqp1O7U8bVzE3JgHvdw4gBfN1M$

That version-independent (not linked) URL should redirect always to the
last report (if available), so currently to

  https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://fossies.org/linux/misc/mvapich2-2.3.4.tar.gz/codespell.html__;!!KGKeukY!jBxi7x3d4n2W7tgYALCOFW7wgzXSdjv-6CbPza8QtRfMiWujIno8WKqp1O7U8bVzE3JgHvdws4vPjHk$

Although after a first review some obviously wrong matches ("false
positives") are already filtered out (ignored) please inform me if you
find more of them so that I can force a new improved check if applicable.

Just for information there are also three supplemental pages
  https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://fossies.org/linux/misc/mvapich2/codespell_conf.html__;!!KGKeukY!jBxi7x3d4n2W7tgYALCOFW7wgzXSdjv-6CbPza8QtRfMiWujIno8WKqp1O7U8bVzE3JgHvdwohoDNII$
showing some used "codespell" configurations and
  https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://fossies.org/linux/misc/mvapich2/codespell_fps.html__;!!KGKeukY!jBxi7x3d4n2W7tgYALCOFW7wgzXSdjv-6CbPza8QtRfMiWujIno8WKqp1O7U8bVzE3JgHvdwC7zw1bk$
showing all resulting obvious "false positives" and
  https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://fossies.org/linux/misc/mvapich2/codespell_hist.html__;!!KGKeukY!jBxi7x3d4n2W7tgYALCOFW7wgzXSdjv-6CbPza8QtRfMiWujIno8WKqp1O7U8bVzE3JgHvdwq3kMkg8$
showing changes regarding found spelling errors compared to previous
analyzed versions (still without meaningful contents).

By the way, since the (mis)spelling of "guarentee" (-> "guarantee" ?)
occurs 676 times that word was put in the list of FPs in order to make the
error list itself a little bit clearer.

Although the correction of misspellings and typos has probably not a top
priority, I hope that the report can nevertheless be a little bit useful.

Regards

Jens

--
FOSSIES - The Fresh Open Source Software archive
mainly for Internet, Engineering and Science