[mvapich-discuss] Does there exist a compile time flag or runtime function for CUDA support?

Fang, Leo leofang at bnl.gov
Tue Jan 21 20:39:53 EST 2020

Hello,

I wonder if this issue was received and discussed. I have not heard anything back since then, and we are preparing a release for mpi4py to officially support CUDA-aware MPI. Would be nice to gather this info asap. Thanks.

Best,
Leo
________________________________
寄件者: Fang, Leo <leofang at bnl.gov>
寄件日期: Wednesday, July 17, 2019 3:43:36 PM
收件者: mvapich-discuss at cse.ohio-state.edu <mvapich-discuss at cse.ohio-state.edu>
主旨: Does there exist a compile time flag or runtime function for CUDA support?

Hello,

We recently added support of __cuda_array_interface__<https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://numba.pydata.org/numba-doc/latest/cuda/cuda_array_interface.html__;!!KGKeukY!mLmNdXt0AqgX9gmtuAdpjPQP6V45oFHVOpiVY2ScbzcRHWCrvPUEMfNOnaIX-vCWTZNYkmVXXeFknNQ$ > to mpi4py so that CUDA-aware MPI can be seamlessly utilized. I wonder if MVAPICH provides any compile time marco or runtime function for checking whether CUDA support is enabled or not. I know that Open MPI provides such functionalities: https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.open-mpi.org/faq/?category=runcuda*mpi-cuda-aware-support__;Iw!!KGKeukY!mLmNdXt0AqgX9gmtuAdpjPQP6V45oFHVOpiVY2ScbzcRHWCrvPUEMfNOnaIX-vCWTZNYkmVXW0PQQ-w$ , but not sure if I missed it in the MVAPICH doc.

Thanks.

Sincerely,
Leo

---