[mvapich-discuss] Question on MVAPICH Contribution

Amirhossein Sorouri amirsorouri26 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 5 10:45:15 EST 2020

Hello
My name is "Amir Hossein".
I am a master student and my thesis is about developing an IPC model based
on CMA. So we find MVAPICH the only tools that support CMA, specifically
"process_vm_readv/writev". Based on userguides.PDF on the website and also
based on my Experienc on building it multiple times using that userguide,
MVAPICH only supports CMA on "ch3:mrail" device and it only support "gen2"
rdma. So when the installation done and we try to test some "hello world"
MPI program on an ordinary system that means it doesn't have Infiniband
device, we face the following errors:
1- MPID_Init(396)...................: channel initialization failed
2- MPIDI_CH3_Init(410)..............: rdma_get_control_parameters
3- rdma_open_hca(575)...............: No IB device found

I read "configure" and some related makefiles and I find no way to build
MVAPICH in a way that it [Uses CMA for local communication + Dont want IB
device].
The question is "Is there a way that we can build MVAPICH that [Uses CMA
for local communication + Dont want IB device]??
If yes or not, I appreciate someone give me advice.

Thank you