[mvapich-discuss] [EXTERNAL] Running LQCD chroma with MVAPICH2 encountered errors

Balint Joo bjoo at jlab.org
Tue Sep 10 12:06:20 EDT 2019

Hi Ran,
 On the offchance that this is a chroma/QUDA related issue, we can take this discussion offline
(I am one of the Chroma delveopers… ), and am cc’ing Kate Clark who is the lead on QUDA.

I saw that on your log, the relative solver residuum was cut off. Did the BiCGStab solver actually reach the desired target?

Also what size of lattice are you trying to run ( could it be that one or two of the components
is running out of memory). I see you use a prebuilt Chroma which you loaded as a ‘module’.

It would maybe be useful if we could reproduce your issue?

Best,

> On Sep 10, 2019, at 5:33 AM, Ran Du <bella.ran.du at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> <mvapich2_test_log.pdf>

Dr Balint Joo   High Performance Computational Scientist
Jefferson Lab
12000 Jefferson Ave Suite 3, MS 12B2, Room F217
Newport News VA 23606, USA
Tel: +1-757-269-5339         email: bjoo AT jlab.org