[mvapich-discuss] Question about slurm support!

Luo Weichao lwc626 at hotmail.com
Tue Sep 3 11:58:04 EDT 2019

Hi,

I’m new to mvapich2.

I have compiled mvapich 2.3.1 with slurm enabled by: ./configure --with-pmi=pmi2 --with-pm=slurm, and compiled my own application against it. The application works fine on slurm, but when I run it with mpirun, it will have MPI errors.

So my question is if we choose to compile mvapich2 with pmi2 and slurm enabled,  it can only run on slurm? Is it possible to compile one single binary to support both slurm/pmi2 and mpirun?

Thanks,
Weichao