[mvapich-discuss] Problems installing mvapich2/2.3 with Slurm

Peter Kjellström cap at nsc.liu.se
Wed Mar 13 06:31:01 EDT 2019

On Tue, 12 Mar 2019 16:52:14 -0400
Raghu Reddy <raghu.reddy at noaa.gov> wrote:

> Hi Hari,
>

> This thread started with a discussion about installing mvapich2/2.3
> with Slrum.
>
> Since Slurm is new in our environment I thought I would give it a try
> without involving SLURM.  And to my surprise, it still failed the
> same way!

You started by mentioning slurm but there was never any indication that
any problem had anything to do with slurm.

I would verify that the system has the expected infinipath-psm and
infinipath-psm-devel packages (and also remove any psm2 packages as to
not confuse the build with opa).

What you want it to build is a ch3:psm that tries to talk PSM
(truescale, infinipath-psm) not PSM2 (opa, psm2).

I've not tried this mvapich on our truescale cluster but I may have
time to do so..

/Peter K