[mvapich-discuss] [BUG] mvapich fails to build when linux-specific sched_setaffinity and sched_getaffinity aren't available

Yuri yuri at rawbw.com
Wed Sep 26 15:09:47 EDT 2018

On 9/26/18 11:58 AM, Subramoni, Hari wrote:
> Thanks for the report. We appreciate it.
>
> We do not have access to a FreeBSD system locally at present. Let us see if we can reconfigure a system locally. Alternately, if you have a patch available, we can take it in after review with appropriate acknowledgements to you.

You can easily install FreeBSD in the virtual machine with this ISO
image:
https://download.freebsd.org/ftp/releases/amd64/amd64/ISO-IMAGES/11.2/FreeBSD-11.2-RELEASE-amd64-disc1.iso

I will separately e-mail you the patches that I already have. Some of
them need #if defined(__FreeBSD__) added. But these patches make it to
build all the way to the link phase when it fails with missing
sched_setaffinity and sched_getaffinity.

There are quite a few places where these functions are called, therefore
I couldn't easily patch them.

Yuri