[mvapich-discuss] Disabling Cache for OSU Micro-Benchmarks

Mohamad Othman Sindi sindimo at mit.edu
Mon Nov 12 13:24:56 EST 2018

Dear All,

I just started using the OSU micro-benchmarks to do some network benchmarks using osu_bw and osu_latency.

The benchmarks are compiled with MPICH (not MVAPICH) as I am running on Ethernet.

When using osu_bw I am getting bandwidth results that are larger than the theoretical 1G and 10G networks that I am running on.

I am guessing this might be due to caching.

Is there a way to disable caching when running osu_bw?

Previously I've used the Intel MPI Benchmarks (IMB) to do similar tests and they had an option "-off_cache" to disable caching when launching the benchmark and I am just wondering if there's something similar with the OSU benchmarks.

Many thanks for your help.

Sincerely,

Mohamad