[mvapich-discuss] How to set different MV2_IBA_HCA among ranks / nodes?

Götz Waschk goetz.waschk at gmail.com
Wed Mar 14 06:59:55 EDT 2018

Dear Pramod,

I have just tested this, it is possible to set MV2_IBA_HCA on a per-node
base in /etc/mvapich2.conf . I could solve my problem with this:
I have an Infiniband cluster with storage connected using Ethernet. A few
I/O nodes have a 10GE interface by Mellanox, they become the first device
mlx4_0 and the IB interface is moved to mlx4_1.
On those I/O nodes, I have created the file /etc/mvapich2.conf containing
just
MV2_IBA_HCA=mlx4_1

Regards, Götz

On Tue, Mar 13, 2018 at 9:12 PM, pramod kumbhar <pramod.s.kumbhar at gmail.com>
wrote:
> I am going through mailing list and user guides and come across
> /etc/mvapich2.conf.
> Could this be set on in /etc/mvapich2.conf on every node?
>
> -Pramod
>
> On Tue, Mar 13, 2018 at 8:40 PM, pramod kumbhar <
pramod.s.kumbhar at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>>
>> Dear All,
>>
>> We have cluster where we need to set different values of MV2_IBA_HCA  due
>> to some IB configuration:
>>
>> MV2_IBA_HCA=mlx5_0
>> MV2_IBA_HCA=mlx5_1
>>
>> With Intel MPI this is done using /etc/dat.conf  + DAPL.
>>
>> We would like to deploy mvapich2 and wondering what is right way to do
>> this. Is there any configuration file that could be used to do this?
>>
>> Any suggestion will be helpful.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Pramod

AL I:40: Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law.