[mvapich-discuss] Cleanup of killed jobs with torque+mvapich2

Noam Bernstein noam.bernstein at nrl.navy.mil
Mon Jul 30 19:28:22 EDT 2018

Hi - I’ve been starting to do some tests with mvapich2 (on CentOS 6 and the CentOS OFED packages for IB), and I’ve been having a hard time figuring out two things:
1. Is mpirun_rsh still the canonical way of starting jobs?  Does that depend on the queuing system?
2. What you I expect in terms of cleanup of torque/OpenPBS jobs killed with qdel?  My empirical observation is that processes on the head node are all killed, but on other nodes they continue to run, which is not really acceptable for us.

Does anyone have any useful suggestions on either of these?

							thanks,
							Noam