[mvapich-discuss] MV2-2.3rc1 out-of-tree build fails to find osu_util.h when compiling OSU benchmarks

Moody, Adam T. moody20 at llnl.gov
Tue Feb 20 20:24:34 EST 2018

Hello MVAPICH team,
When building MV2-2.3rc1 out of tree, I get the following error:

../../../../osu_benchmarks/mpi/pt2pt/osu_bibw.c:11:10: fatal error: osu_util.h: No such file or directory
 #include <osu_util.h>
          ^~~~~~~~~~~~
compilation terminated.

This is produced via something like the following:

tar -zxf mvapich2-2.3rc1.tar.gz
cd mvapich2-2.3rc1
mkdir build
cd build
../configure --prefix=`pwd`/install
make

If I configure and make inside the mvapich2-2.3rc1 directory, it builds successfully.

I can likely get by with an in-tree build in my case, but I know some people prefer to use out-of-tree builds.
-Adam