[mvapich-discuss] Is a construct like this able to take advantage of GDR?

Raghu Reddy raghu.reddy at noaa.gov
Tue Feb 13 15:54:15 EST 2018

A user has the following construct in the code that he is trying to
benchmark:

--------------------------------

!$acc host_data use_device(sedgvarRecv)

CALL MPI_IRECV(sedgvarRecv(:,:,:,:,n,varNumber), sedgvarSize, MPI_INTEGER,
.)

I don't know if this is sufficient information provide the necessary context
to answer the question, but I was concerned that the array syntax in the
argument would cause problems because MPI would be using  temporary variable
to pass the argument.

Anyone has any comments if this is a valid construct for testing data
transfers from GPU to GPU?

Thanks,

Raghu