[mvapich-discuss] install question

Ammar Ahmad Awan ammar.ahmad.awan at gmail.com
Wed Aug 29 23:24:48 EDT 2018

Hi Monique,

CUDA 9.x currently does not support ICC 18 as a host compiler. This can be
seen from the include/crt/host_config.h file in your CUDA toolkit's home
directory.

MVAPICH 2.2 did not have this check so you are able to build it with Intel
Compiler v18+, which is not recommended.

MVAPICH 2.3 has a check to compile using the correct host compiler and that
is why you see a failure in compiling with ICC 18. We recommend you to use
ICC 17 or earlier when building with CUDA 9.x.

Regards,
Amma