[mvapich-discuss] Which mvapich version to install on a GPUcluster without Mellanox OFED ?

Yussuf Ali Yussuf.ali at jaea.go.jp
Wed Apr 18 21:57:22 EDT 2018

Hi Hari,

Thank you for your answer!

What exactly you mean by interconnect? I can definitely say it does not have a Mellnox infniband or Intel Omni-Path adapter.
It is a two socket CPU system, each CPU connected(?) to four GPUS. I think the interconnect becomes than the (QPI/UPI) ?
The server seems to be some kind of “PCI-Express GPU server”
According to (nvidia-smi topo -m) there is some kind of PCI interconnect (PIX) between GPU pairs.
If its helps it is a box like this (All in Japanese: http://www.gdep.co.jp/products/list/v/56a9c55e26b1c  , serial nr: MAS-XE5-SV4U/8X)

I don’t think OFED is present on this system. I downloaded MVAPICH-GDR and tried to compile a simple program, but it shows me the
Error message:

“libibumad.so.3, needed by /opt/mvapich2/gdr/2.3a/mcast/no-openacc/cuda8.0/mofed3.4/pbs/gnu4.8.5/lib64/libmpi.so, not found”

Is this error message related to OFED?

GDRCopy is currently not installed on the system.

Thank you for your help,
Yussuf