[mvapich-discuss] Is it possible to recompile MVAPICH2 with Torque and Slurm support at the same time?

Mehmet Belgin mehmet.belgin at oit.gatech.edu
Wed May 10 13:02:59 EDT 2017

Thanks Sourav, we definitely +1 that feature request ;)

Best,
-Mehmet

On 05/10/2017 12:53 PM, Sourav Chakraborty wrote:
> Hi Mehmet,
>
> Current version of MVAPICH does not support both Torque and Slurm with
> the same build. This feature is on our roadmap.
>
> Thanks,
> Sourav
>

> On Tue, May 9, 2017 at 6:38 PM, Belgin, Mehmet
> <mehmet.belgin at oit.gatech.edu <mailto:mehmet.belgin at oit.gatech.edu>>
> wrote:
>
>     Hello everyone,
>
>     We currently use Torque/Moab, but started evaluating Slurm as
>     well. At some point, I expect that we’ll have a hybrid
>     environment, but continue to maintain a single software
>     repository. I was wondering if it would be possible to compile
>     MVAPIC2 with Torque and Slurm support both, and get away with
>     using a single MPI stack. Do you have any experience with it?
>
>     We can easily keep both Torque and Slurm libraries on all nodes to
>     keep ldd happy at all times, although we may use one or the other :)
>
>     Any suggestions would be appreciated.
>
>     Thanks a lot!
>     -Memo
>
>     =========================================
>     Mehmet Belgin, Ph.D.
>     Scientific Computing Consultant
>     Partnership for an Advanced Computing Environment (PACE)
>     Georgia Institute of Technology
>     258 4th Street NW, Rich Building, #326
>     Atlanta, GA  30332-0700
>     Office: (404) 385-0665 <tel:%28404%29%20385-0665>

Mehmet Belgin, Ph.D. (mehmet.belgin at oit.gatech.edu)
Scientific Computing Consultant | OIT - Academic and Research Technologies
Georgia Institute of Technology
258 4th St NW, Rich Building, Room 326
Atlanta, GA  30332-0700
Office: (404) 385-0665