[mvapich-discuss] Build failure for mvapich2 2.3a with --disable-cxx

Chris Green greenc at fnal.gov
Mon May 1 14:37:30 EDT 2017

Hi,

I'm attempting to build mvapich2 2.3a without the C++ libraries, and
with only C and F77 support in order to support use of the libraries
with a different compiler than the one used to build the libraries. The
configuration is as follows:

./configure --prefix=/usr/local/mvapich2-2.3a --enable-error-checking=runtime --enable-error-messages=all \
             --enable-timing=none --enable-mpit-pvars=all --enable-fast=O3,ndebug --enable-fortran=f77 \
             --disable-cxx --enable-romio --enable-threads=runtime --enable-rdma-cm --disable-static \
             --disable-dependency-tracking

Unfortunately, while the configure is successful, the build is not,
replete with errors of the form:

libtool: link: LD_RUN_PATH="/usr/local/mvapich2-2.3a/lib:" no -DNDEBUG -DNVALGRIND -o .libs/osu_igatherv osu_igatherv.o osu_coll.o  -L/lib -lnuma -ludev -lxml2 -libmad -lrdmacm -libumad -libverbs -ldl -lrt -lpthread -lm
../../libtool: line 1734: no: command not found

Am I doing something wrong, do I have inconsistent options selected, or
is what I'm doing really supposed to work? Simply removing the
--disable-cxx does the job provided I remember to remove
<EPREFIX>/lib/libmpicxx* after make install, but I'd rather not if I
didn't have to.

Thanks for your help,

Chris Green.