[mvapich-discuss] Allreduce time when using MPI+OpenMP is too large comparing to when using MPI alone

Bayatpour, Mamzi bayatpour.1 at buckeyemail.osu.edu
Mon Mar 6 15:29:47 EST 2017

Hello Sarunya,

We've been looking at the issue you reported internally. However, we are not able to reproduce the performance trends you reported. We observed similar performance for MPI with 1 process per node and MPI+OMP with 1 process per node.

Could you please provide more details about the application that you are testing? Are you using MPI_SINGLE_THREAD or MPI_MULTI_THREAD for your MPI_Init function? Are any OpenMP threads running in the background during the MPI_Allreduce call? A small reproducer could help us a lot.

Thanks,
Mamzi