[mvapich-discuss] MVAPICH 2.3a-GDR on POWER8: Run Problems

Herten, Andreas a.herten at fz-juelich.de
Tue Dec 19 08:56:26 EST 2017

Hi Sourav,

Indeed, setting `MV2_USE_GPUDIRECT=0` will lead to working OSU benchmarks. Thanks for the hint!

I’d like to reiterate Jiri Kraus’ suggestion: It would be great if MVAPICH would detect the need to disable the variable automatically when run on a POWER system.

Does `MV2_USE_GPUDIRECT=0` have further side effects? For instance, does MVAPICH still use GPUDirect P2P when this variable is set?

Thanks for your support,

-Andreas

—
NVIDIA Application Lab