[mvapich-discuss] MVAPICH2-2.0.1 with Limic2 and PSM

Hari Subramoni subramoni.1 at osu.edu
Sun Aug 13 13:20:12 EDT 2017

Hello Razen,

MVAPICH2 completely relies on the PSM layer for both intra-node and
inter-node communication. So there is no MVAPICH2 level support for CMA
when it is configured to run for the PSM channel.

However, the PSM layer has support for Linux Cross Memory Attach (CMA)
based intra-node communication which is enabled based on the message size
inside the PSM layer. You should be able to utilize this capability which
is similar to LiMIC/KNEM. This is enabled by default.

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Regards,
Hari.