[mvapich-discuss] channel initialization failed

Hari Subramoni subramoni.1 at osu.edu
Fri Nov 11 13:51:00 EST 2016

Hello Xingsheng,

This looks like a system issue. MVAPICH2 is not able to resolve the
hostname. I'd recommend you request your system admin to look into why this
is happening.

If you want to circumvent this issue, I would suggest running MVAPICH2
after setting MV2_USE_XRC=0. This will make MVAPICH2 not execute this piece
of code.

On a different note, I would suggest that you update to the latest version
of MVAPICH2 (2.2GA). You should be able to download it from the following
site http://mvapich.cse.ohio-state.edu/downloads/

Regards,
Hari.