[mvapich-discuss] Homogeneity

Julius Kolbe kolbe at sra.uni-hannover.de
Mon May 9 09:31:32 EDT 2016

Hi everyone,

I am working on my master thesis using MVAPICH2.
One part of my work is to find out if and to what degree the cluster is
homogeneous.
During my research I found this:
http://mvapich.cse.ohio-state.edu/static/media/mvapich/mvapich2-2.1-userguide.html#x1-960008.1
which sounds like the MVAPICH2 already does what I want to achieve.
But I need to have further information about how MVAPICH2 does this
detection. I searched through the codebase but couldn't find the place
where this is done. Or at least couldn't recognize it when I saw it.

Can someone please point me to the right point and perhaps even give me
a quick summary on what is done there?
Also I'd like to get the result of this detection. I found some printing
methods where this was part, but I don't know how to get this
information. Is there a specific verbosity or environment variable I
need to set?

Thanks a lot for your help.

Julius Kolbe