[mvapich-discuss] benchmark compile problem

Jonathan Perkins perkinjo at cse.ohio-state.edu
Fri Mar 25 10:58:10 EDT 2016

Hi Justin.  Are things working well for you now?  If not I suggest
trying to use the following method when configuring the
OSU-Micro-Benchmarks.

Example:
        ./configure CC=/path/to/oshcc CXX=/path/to/oshcxx
        make
        make install

If OpenMPI also has these wrapper scripts for OpenSHMEM you can be sure
that our configure tests will detect the available support more
accurately.

If you don't set CC and/or CXX the configure script will first try to
detect mpicc (and mpicxx) and if found will use that instead of oshcc or
upcc.

On Fri, Mar 25, 2016 at 10:13:06AM +0100, Justin Cinkelj wrote:
> ./configure CFLAGS=-I$HOME/openmpi-bin/include
> LDFLAGS=-L$HOME/openmpi-bin/lib LIBS="-lmpi -lopen-rte -lopen-pal"
> helped to get to compile stage.
>
> On 03/25/2016 09:56 AM, Justin Cinkelj wrote:
> >Hi
> >
> >I want to run microbenchmark from
> >http://mvapich.cse.ohio-state.edu/benchmarks/ to test/compare shmem
> >communication performance on two different platforms. And I'm using
> >OpenMPI. During ./configure I get
> >checking for mpicxx... mpicxx
> >checking whether we are using the GNU C++ compiler... yes
> >checking whether mpicxx accepts -g... yes
> >checking for MPI_Init... no
> >checking for MPI_Accumulate... no
> >checking for MPI_Get_accumulate... no
> >checking for shmem_barrier_all... no
> >checking for upc_memput... no
> >
> >./make then does noting:
> >[xlab at mike-c7 osu-micro-benchmarks-5.2]$ make
> >make[1]: Entering directory
> >`/home/justin_cinkelj/devel/mikelangelo/osu-micro-benchmarks-5.2'
> >make[1]: Nothing to be done for `all-am'.
> >make[1]: Leaving directory
> >`/home/justin_cinkelj/devel/mikelangelo/osu-micro-benchmarks-5.2'
> >
> >Is the above benchmark only for MVAPICH MPI implementation, or I'm I doing
> >something wrong?

Jonathan Perkins