[mvapich-discuss] MV2_USE_BLOCKING in local host without IB device

RIVERA ROLDAN, Jorge Orlando Orlando.RIVERA at mtu.de
Mon Mar 14 04:19:36 EDT 2016

Hello

I have compiled  an application  to run with mvapich in a host with  Infiniband .

When I  tried to run the same application on a local host(wo Infiniband)   I had to copy the infiniband libraries to the PATH

Getting the expected warning

librdmacm: couldn't read ABI version.
librdmacm: assuming: 4

and it was working well  ,

later I have set    MV2_USE_BLOCKING=1 on this host without Infiniband adapter ,  My application is an interactive one  and I would  like to
reduce the CPU utilization . However  I get this error

[cli_6]: aborting job:
Fatal error in MPI_Init:
Other MPI error, error stack:
MPIR_Init_thread(514)............:
MPID_Init(363)...................: channel initialization failed
MPIDI_CH3_Init(391)..............:
MPIDI_CH3I_RDMA_init(181)........:
rdma_get_control_parameters(1305):
rdma_open_hca(517)...............: No IB device found

It is possible to  set the another adapter   or to use Block Mode in a host without IB device ?

Thanks

Orlando Rivera

--
MTU Aero Engines AG
Vorstand/Board of Management: Reiner Winkler, Vorsitzender/CEO; Dr. Rainer Martens, Michael Schreyoegg

Diese E-Mail sowie ihre Anhaenge enthalten MTU-eigene vertrauliche oder rechtlich geschuetzte Informationen.
Wenn Sie nicht der beabsichtigte Empfaenger sind, informieren Sie bitte den Absender und loeschen Sie diese
E-Mail sowie die Anhaenge. Das unbefugte Speichern, Kopieren oder Weiterleiten ist nicht gestattet.

This e-mail and any attached documents are proprietary to MTU, confidential or protected by law.
If you are not the intended recipient, please advise the sender and delete this message and its attachments.
Any unauthorised storing, copying or distribution is prohibited.