[mvapich-discuss] Installing mvapich2-2.1 on Dell cluster

Robert Diersing Robert.Diersing at tamuk.edu
Mon Jun 13 11:52:05 EDT 2016

Ladies and Gentlemen:

Some time ago I posted a request for information about installing/using mvapich2-2.1 on a cluster.  Someone kindly pointed me to the manual but I don't find the manual too helpful for cluster installations.

Here is what I have done so far:

I have installed mvapich2-2.1 on a directory that is shared across all physical nodes via NFS.
I have a single user ID and group that is identical on all nodes.
I have run the mpihello program successfully on a single node as well as submitting and running successfully to all nodes (152 cores total) using mpiexec.

My questions are:

What is the standard way to make mpi available to all users?  They will all be logging in to one of two machines and it can be one machine if necessary?
I am not able to run the benchmarks with mpirun_rsh but I suspect this is because rsh is not running on the nodes.

Perhaps someone can recommend a web site with more details on cluster installations.

Regards,

Robert J. Diersing, Ph.D.
Professor Emeritus of Computer Science
HPCC System Administrator
Executive Director of Special Projects
Dean's Office
Frank H. Dotterweich College of Engineering
EC 271
361.593.3964