[mvapich-discuss] Error in initializing MVAPICH2 ptmalloc library. Continuing without InfiniBand registration cache support.

Alessandro Fanfarillo fanfarillo.gcc at gmail.com
Mon Jul 4 23:41:12 EDT 2016

Dear all,
I've installed mvapich2-2.2rc1 on Yellowstone, the NCAR supercomputer,
using the following string for the configure:

../configure --with-device=ch3:mrail --with-rdma=gen2
--enable-threads=funneled --prefix=/path/to/install

Every time I run an MPI program on more than one compute node I get
the warning message reported in the subject.
I've also tried to set the LD_PRELOAD env var to the libmpi.so as
suggested in http://mailman.cse.ohio-state.edu/pipermail/mvapich-discuss/2015-April/005535.html
without any positive effect.

Do you have any suggestion on how to fix this problem?

Cheers,
Alessandro