[mvapich-discuss] How would IB problems impact performance on a single node?

Mehmet Belgin mehmet.belgin at oit.gatech.edu
Tue Feb 23 14:33:20 EST 2016

Greetings!

I am troubleshooting a slowness issue on a single 16core node. Compared
to profiling data I had from earlier, I can very clearly see that the
slowness is caused by MPI routines (MPI send rate dropped from 21M/s to
13M/s) for the very same code. The memory and CPU profiles of the code
look identical.

I was wondering if IB problems would have any impact at all, despite the
fact that I am not using network (using single node). I would not expect
it to be a factor, but asking just in case. I will now run a few OSU
benchmarks, but will appreciate any other suggestions you might have.

(using mvapich2/2.1 with intel/15.0 on a 16-core intel node)

Thanks!
-Mehmet