[mvapich-discuss] mvapich2.2b-gdr hangs

Justin Luitjens jluitjens at nvidia.com
Wed Feb 17 13:21:08 EST 2016

I'm seeing an odd issue with mvapich2.2b-gdr.  I have installed the RPM package on CentOS 6.4 and I have also installed the GDRCopy library.

I have set the MV2_GPUDIRECT_GDRCOPY_LIB variable and the code runs fine (I'm not using GPUDirect at the moment).

However, as soon as I set the environment variable MV2_USE_CUDA=1 my process hangs at MPI_Init.

For reference I'm only running on a single node which does not have an infiniband nic on it.  I only want to run on a single node and never need to go cross-node.

Anyone have a work around for this or know what might be going wrong?

Thanks,
Justin