[mvapich-discuss] Intel compilers v16 problems

Ryan Novosielski novosirj at rutgers.edu
Thu Apr 21 17:23:29 EDT 2016

> On Apr 21, 2016, at 5:13 PM, Troy Baer <troy at osc.edu> wrote:
>
> On 04/21/2016 05:09 PM, Adam T. Moody wrote:
>> Did you find an answer to this question?
>>
>> http://mailman.cse.ohio-state.edu/pipermail/mvapich-discuss/2015-October/005722.html
>>
>> When running my MV2-2.2 build through our buildfarm, I hit this same problem, but things build fine for me outside of the buildfarm.  It could be due to some missing rpm or other environmental problem, but I can't login to the buildfarm node, so it's difficult to debug.  I'll keep chasing it, but if you know the answer, that would save me some time.
>
> No; in fact, I just tested for it in 2.2rc1 yesterday and found that it is still present.  AFAICT, it is related to out-of-tree builds, because in-tree builds seem to work.

I can (I think) confirm that, as I’ve only ever had Intel 16.0.1 on our new system and I never had any trouble building MVAPICH2 2.1, but presumably because I’ve only ever attempted it in-tree (assuming what’s meant by that is ./configure vs. running it from an empty build directory elsewhere).

--
____
||_// the State	 |         Ryan Novosielski - novosirj at rutgers.edu
|| \\ University | Sr. Technologist - 973/972.0922 (2x0922) ~*~ RBHS Campus
||  \\    of NJ	 | Office of Advanced Research Computing - MSB C630, Newark
     `'