[mvapich-discuss] mvapich2-mic cannot execute binary file on MIC

Collin Guan guan.collin at gmail.com
Wed Sep 30 15:49:00 EDT 2015

Greeting!

I have installed mvapich2-mic 2.0 binding with Intel complier 14 on a
cluster that each compute node has a MIC card. The code I want to test is a
pure MPI program. I can compile the code on host or by turning on -mmic for
the MIC architecture without any error/warning messages. However, when I
run the mic version by "ssh mic0 mpiexec.hydra -n 4 ./hello.mic
>hello.mic.out &", I got an error like:

bash: mpiexec.hydra: cannot execute binary file

I am sure that the executable file is the mic version. I don't understand
why it complains "cannot execute binary file. I also run "ldd -r
hello.mic", this shows
        not a dynamic executable.

"Not a dynamics executable" seems very normal and doesn't indicate anything
wrong with the mic version. Maybe I am missing something here, and need to
make other setting. I appreciate it very much if you have any hints and
advice.

Thanks!

Collin