[mvapich-discuss] PGI -pthread switch

Jonathan Perkins perkinjo at cse.ohio-state.edu
Mon Mar 16 22:42:38 EDT 2015

Okay, this is weird.  It looks like the reason for this failure is related
to the -V option.  When I look into both of the config logs I see that -V
is being set for every test which is causing the feature tests to be
invalid and I think leading to the issues that you're seeing.

I'm not sure why this is being introduced exactly but my guess is that this
doesn't happen with the other version of PGI that you have on your system.
I'm not really sure about how to avoid -V being used for the autoconf tests
at this time.  We've tested MVAPICH2 with PGI 14.x and PGI 15.1 and things
work there.  Perhaps there is an issue with this version of the compiler
and autoconf that I haven't been able to Google a search for yet.