[mvapich-discuss] Occasional failure initializing

Martin Pokorny mpokorny at nrao.edu
Tue Jul 28 10:30:17 EDT 2015

On 07/27/2015 06:00 PM, Jonathan Perkins wrote:
> Hello Martin, can you try setting MV2_USE_MPIRUN_MAPPING=0 to see if
> this resolves the issue?

That seems to resolve the problem, at least in my test code. I will try
the same setting with my "real" application code later today.

What is the meaning of the MV2_USE_MPIRUN_MAPPING variable?
Interestingly, one of the ways I can increase the frequency of the error
that I reported is to set MV2_USE_RDMA_CM=1; other errors consistently
occur when using that setting in all programs the I've tried on our
cluster, but it also has the effect of triggering my reported error more
frequently in the test program. However, using your suggested setting,
not only has my reported error apparently gone away, but the other
errors that I normally see when using rdma cm have also disappeared.

--
Martin