[mvapich-discuss] MVAPICH2-GDR latency test return bad result

Panda, Dhabaleswar panda at cse.ohio-state.edu
Wed Jul 22 12:34:13 EDT 2015

The following reply was sent to you by Khaled on July 10th. Please follow these steps.

DK
-----

Hi Makai,

Thank you for the information on your HCA installation. However you need to find out the placement of the GPU and HCA on your PCI slots. Todo so please run the command

lspci -tv

and then see if the NVIDIA GPU and the Mellanox HCA are on the same root or different. This will tell you if it is same socket or not.

Also run nvidia-smi to find out how many GPUs you have on your system.

Note that I'm moving this discussion to our internal list of developers.

Thanks