[mvapich-discuss] Difference between MVAPICH2 and MVAPICH2-GDR

makai makailove123 at 163.com
Thu Jul 9 10:55:23 EDT 2015

I have installed MVAPICH2-GDR and gdrcopy, but when I run the osu_latency, it turned out to be weird.

makai at gpu-cluster-3:~$ $MV2_PATH/bin/mpiexec -hosts 192.168.2.3,192.168.2.4 -n 2 -env MV2_USE_CUDA 1 /opt/mvapich2/gdr/2.1/cuda6.5/gnu/libexec/mvapich2/osu_latency D D
# OSU MPI-CUDA Latency Test
# Send Buffer on DEVICE (D) and Receive Buffer on DEVICE (D)
# Size            Latency (us)
Warning *** The GPU and IB selected are not on the same socket. Do not delever the best performance
Warning *** The GPU and IB selected are not on the same socket. Do not delever the best performance
0                         1.67
1                         2.91
2                         3.92
4                         3.99
8                         3.92
16                        3.97
32                      160.67
64                      161.51
128                     162.05
256                     165.20
512                     165.88
1024                    168.92
2048                    176.08
4096                    185.95
8192                     72.63
16384                   261.26
32768                   148.08
65536                   518.37
131072                  143.93
262144                  260.03
524288                  254.41
1048576                 393.54
2097152                 672.47
4194304                1244.69

Why the result became so bad after size became larger than 32?
And I find there is only one CA on my node, why it told me “The GPU and IB selected are not on the same socket. Do not delever the best performance “?

Could you give me some help?
Thanks!