[mvapich-discuss] Compilation error for mvapich2-2.0.1 with disabled C++ bindings.

Chris Green greenc at fnal.gov
Tue Jan 13 18:33:04 EST 2015

Hi,

On 1/13/15 4:36 PM, Jonathan Perkins wrote:
> There's a great chance. This patch is queued to be included in testing
> tonight.
Great, thank you. One other question and an observation, since I
obviously have an expert on the line:

  * Will my previously mentioned configure find and use my InifiniBand
    support (Mellanox card, mlx4 driver) and use it optimally, or am I
    missing a --with option or two? Repeated here for ease of reference:

    ./configure --prefix=/usr/local/mvapich2-2.0.1 --enable-fast=O3,ndebug --enable-f77 --enable-fc \
                 --disable-cxx --enable-romio --enable-versioning --enable-threads=runtime --enable-registration-cache \
                 --enable-rsh --enable-shared --enable-static --enable-yield=sched_yield --enable-rdma-cm --with-pm=hydra

  * If I use --enable-strict, the configure fails during a test compile
    for the rdma-cm feature -- something breaks down with the rdma_cma.h
    header's use of its own unioned structs. Since it wasn't necessary
    to get me the feature set I wanted, I just dropped the strict option
    and continued. If you like, I can send you the header and config.log
    out of band.

Thanks again for your prompt responses.

Best,
Chris.

--
Chris Green <greenc at fnal.gov>, FNAL CS/SCD/ADSS/SSI/SSD;
'phone (630) 840-2167; Skype: chris.h.green;