[mvapich-discuss] Using environment modules -- libimf.so not found

Novosielski, Ryan novosirj at ca.rutgers.edu
Mon Jan 12 15:01:36 EST 2015

Hi all,

Since we use different compilers for different software packages and have a pretty complicated setup for some of the dependencies, generally what we do for submitting jobs is to load the modules on the master node and submit jobs so that the environment variables are passed through. However, this does not appear to be working right for MVAPICH2. LD_LIBRARY_PATH is defined, according to the output of env at the beginning of the submission script, but apparently does not get through to whatever happens when mpiexec/mpirun start the MPI job. The FAQ for MPICH2 recommends making sure the environment is correct for interactive and non-interactive sessions. However, I do not want to define a single PATH to the Intel compiler libraries. People on our systems make use of software compiled with different versions, etc.

Does anyone have an idea of how I might get around this?

____ *Note: UMDNJ is now Rutgers-Biomedical and Health Sciences*
||_// Biomedical | Ryan Novosielski - Senior Technologist
|| \\ and Health | novosirj at rutgers.edu - 973/972.0922 (2x0922)
||  \\  Sciences | OIRT/High Perf & Res Comp - MSB C630, Newark
     `'