[mvapich-discuss] ckpt vs checkpointing

Jonathan Perkins perkinjo at cse.ohio-state.edu
Tue Aug 18 14:25:15 EDT 2015

Hello Maksym Planeta.  It is unfortunate that there are two different
options for similar functionality.  We may try to improve upon this type of
issue in the future.

--enable-checkpointing is an option inherited from MPICH which controls the
checkpointing functionality of the Nemesis Interface and hydra process
manager.  --enable-ckpt is used for the MVAPICH2 interfaces (and the
mpirun_rsh process manager).

If you're using the Gen2 interface of MVAPICH2 you should use the
--enable-ckpt option.

For more information please see the following:
4.4 Configuring a build for OFA-IB-CH3/OFA-iWARP-CH3/OFA-RoCE-CH3
http://mvapich.cse.ohio-state.edu/static/media/mvapich/mvapich2-2.1-userguide.html#x1-110004.4

4.7 Configuring a build for OFA-IB-Nemesis
http://mvapich.cse.ohio-state.edu/static/media/mvapich/mvapich2-2.1-userguide.html#x1-150004.7