[mvapich-discuss] Tracking progress MPI_Reduce operation

Filippo Spiga spiga.filippo at gmail.com
Wed Sep 17 00:20:52 EDT 2014

On Sep 17, 2014, at 2:07 AM, Hari Subramoni <subramoni.1 at osu.edu> wrote:
> Currently there are no environment variables or compile time options that allows you to track the progress of a collective in MVAPICH2. Could you please let us know what the use case here is?

I have no clue exactly which version the user is using and I haven't seen the code yet, the user approached user support raising an issue to the code and pointing to a possible MPi_Reduce misbehavior, everything is still to be confirmed. What I know is that the user is allocating the receiving buffer on all MPI processors involved in the reduction (in this case MPI_COMM_WORLD) and the array of data is something relatively small, order of few kilobytes. I will probably filter all possible problems related to his code by myself before point to MPI. So I've just anticipated this question because he ask me.

Cheers,
Filippo

--
Mr. Filippo SPIGA, M.Sc.
http://filippospiga.info ~ skype: filippo.spiga

«Nobody will drive us out of Cantor's paradise.» ~ David Hilbert

*****
Disclaimer: "Please note this message and any attachments are CONFIDENTIAL and may be privileged or otherwise protected from disclosure. The contents are not to be disclosed to anyone other than the addressee. Unauthorized recipients are requested to preserve this confidentiality and to advise the sender immediately of any error in transmission."