[mvapich-discuss] Is there a way to have mpiexec (hydra) export '-env' by default?

Mehmet Belgin mehmet.belgin at oit.gatech.edu
Mon Sep 15 15:58:14 EDT 2014

Hi everyone,

I was wondering if it is possible to make the "-env" default behavior for hydra (using a runtime or compile time config). Currently users need to remember providing this parameter to mpirun and sometimes things gets forgotten. I know that the same functionality ('-export') for mpirun_rsh was made default with 2.0 and I was wondering if there is a specific reason why hydra does not do the same?

Otherwise, I am considering a wrapper for mpirun, but I *really* don't like wrappers! :)

Thanks!
-Mehmet

Mehmet Belgin, Ph.D. (mehmet.belgin at oit.gatech.edu)
Scientific Computing Consultant | OIT - Academic and Research Technologies
Georgia Institute of Technology
258 4th Street NW, Rich Building, #326
Atlanta, GA  30332-0700
Office: (404) 385-0665