[mvapich-discuss] Obtaining older releases

Evren Yurtesen IB eyurtese at abo.fi
Tue Sep 2 15:26:22 EDT 2014

On Tue, 2 Sep 2014, Jonathan Perkins wrote:

> Thanks for info.  We've removed the ARMCI subdirectory so I don't expect
> to see this issue with 2.0 from svn.

That does not help much. I needed 1.9 because 2.0 was not working well.

I have to sometimes recompile MVAPICH2 because we use SLURM and quite
often they increase the major version of the library and it requires
recompilation of software using SLURM libraries.

By not providing the source packages, and restricting SVN access, you may
be putting people into a bad position. Today, I heard several times 'Why
don't you use OpenMPI' from colleagues who I discussed the issue with.
OpenMPI is allowing access to older versions.
http://www.open-mpi.org/software/ompi/
I believe it would be beneficial if we could have access to source
packages of older versions.

Anyway, thanks for trying to help.

Thanks,
Evren